THE 6TH BI-ANNUAL JAZZ-AGE LAWN PARTY
Governor’s Island (NY)
Sat. & Sun. Aug. 20th & 21st, 2011
11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Admission $7/advance (available here), $10/door (Children Under 12 Free)
Michael Arenella and His Dreamland Orchestra invites you to join us on this hidden gem just off the southeastern tip of Manhattan, nestled in the heart of majestic New York Harbor. Under a shady grove of centuries-old trees, caressed by fresh sea air, a sprawling green surrounded by historic officers’ quarters and 18th century naval ramparts becomes the setting for a true Gatsby affair. A recession-friendly $7 advance admission gives you access to one of the Summer’s most magnificent celebrations.
A wide array of music, food & drink, and activities are open for all ages to enjoy:
- Beautiful, real-wood ‘50 x ‘50 dance floor set up right on the lawn!
- A delightful variety of refreshing cocktails will be served by St-Germain Elderflower Liqeur and beer provided by Brooklyn Brewery.
- Gourmet entrees, sandwiches, salads and more will be for sale. Vegetarian dishes, too!
- Soda, juice, water, and other beverages available.
- Tasty desserts, old-fashioned ice cream cones and ices!
- Picnicking welcomed! (just leave the hooch at home, it’s prohibited by regulations except as sold by our approved vendor at event.)
- Performances by ’20s tapping sensations The Minsky Sisters
- Authentic ‘78 records from the 1920s played on antique phonographs by Michael Cumella of WFMU’s Antique Phonograph Music Program.
- Charleston lessons by dance legend Roddy Caravella
- Vintage portraits by Tsirkus Fotografika
- 1920s Motorcar Exhibition - take a spin around the island in a genuine rumble-seat; hold on to your hat!
- Vintage clothing dealers and boutique milliners Worth & Worth, Ellen Christine Millinery, Fine and Dandy Shop, Noble Savage Vintage, Zelda Magazine, & More! - They will all be peddling wares, so be sure to tuck some cash in your garter.
- Live dance performances
- Bathing Beauties & Beaus Promenade
- Tug O’ War
- Pie Recipe Contest
I may need to go to this.
PLEASE COME TO CHICAGO
Would like to go to this
- runningwithyahweh likes this
- matjimenezl reblogged this from tetinotete
- kimblykimbly reblogged this from tetinotete
- thesameoldvincent likes this
- foxalot reblogged this from tetinotete
- delightful-fury reblogged this from tetinotete
- julianmagic likes this
- danielburns reblogged this from tetinotete
- black-spaces likes this
- voltanis reblogged this from tetinotete
- brettwarrenphotography likes this
- ma-ryblogthis reblogged this from chrisgrayandthebadseeds
- kissmyfannie likes this
- rogueheart reblogged this from presttons and added:
- modernflapperstory likes this
- littlethenextbigthing reblogged this from catchyasacactus and added:
- meleessaa likes this
- purplesheepp reblogged this from tealcheesecake
- definitely-unexpected likes this
- 35717 likes this
- wigwaminthepark reblogged this from austinfloyd
- austinfloyd reblogged this from theformallife
- imported reblogged this from tealcheesecake
- ssicnarff likes this
- mrgablesstache likes this
- zososweet reblogged this from theformallife and added:
- linevaluecolor likes this
- tealcheesecake reblogged this from theformallife
- awastrelmescalined likes this
- pilotfiveold reblogged this from theformallife
- thelastsun likes this
- theformallife reblogged this from dapperdean
- mofoley reblogged this from chrisgrayandthebadseeds
- chrisgrayandthebadseeds reblogged this from dapperdean and added:
- absea likes this
- jimmyjazzbass reblogged this from coopercalamity and added:
- asceticlibertine reblogged this from catchyasacactus
- hastonaut likes this
- hhnnbb likes this
- shed51 reblogged this from tetinotete
- coloredromance likes this
- persuademejaime reblogged this from megsquiveringnethers
- andrewstuntpilot likes this
- whataqueerbird reblogged this from dapperdean
- idiosyncraticoncept reblogged this from tetinotete
- beautifulyoungwomanmountedonagnu likes this
- charlyjohansson reblogged this from tetinotete
- theraddy reblogged this from dapperdean and added: